Dr. Shirsendu Banerjee (Multiphase Flow Laboratory)
Ph.D. Petroleum Engineering (2017)
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, India
B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (2012), West Bengal University of Technology, Kolkata, India
E-Mail: [email protected],
Research Interest: Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Computational Fluid dynamics, Flow Assurance.
- January 2017–January 2018: Assistant Professor, Department of Petroleum Engineering KoneruLakshmaiah Education Foundation, Green Fields, Vaddeswaram, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
- September 2012–August 2013: Graduate Trainee, Maithan Ceramic Limited, Dhanbad, Maithan, Jharkhand, India
Fellowships, Awards, and Achievements
Ragi based Infant Nutritional Food and Preparation Method thereof, Patent Application Number: 201931033759.
1. Catalytic conversion of CO2 to biofuel (methanol) and downstream separation in membrane integrated photoreactor system under suitable conditions. Chakrabortty, S., Nayak, J., Pal, P., Kumar, R., Banerjee, S., Mondal, P.K., Pal, M., Ruj, B. International Journal of Hydrogen
Energy, 45 (1), 675-690, 2020.
2. Effect of Natural and Synthetic Surfactant on the Rheology of Light Crude Oil, Banerjee, S., Kumar, R., Mandal, A., Naiya, T.K., Petroleum Science and Technology, 33, 1516-1525, 2015.
3. Effect of Pour point depressant on wax deposition and drag reduction in horizontal pipelines,Banerjee, S., Kumar, R., Akthar, A., Bairagi, R., Mandal, A., Naiya, T.K., Petroleum Science and Technology, 35 (6), 561-569, 2017.
4. Flow improvement of heavy crude oil through pipelines using surfactant extracted from soapnuts,Kumar, R., Banerjee, S., Mandal, A., Naiya, T.K., Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering, 152, 353-360, 2017.
5. Simulation of single phase non-Newtonian flow characteristics of heavy crude oil through horizontal pipelines,Kumar, R., Banerjee, S., Banik, A., Bandhyopadhyay, T., Naiya, T.K., Petroleum Science and Technology, 35 (6), 615-624, 2017.
Mobilizing solutions for nitrogen recycling from air & water systems, UKRI GCRF South Asian Nitrogen Hub (2019-2024), UK Research and Innovation (UKRI), UK (Role: Member)
- Dr. Tarun Kumar Naiya, Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad, India.
- Dr. Tarun Kanti Bandhyopadhyay, National Institute of Technology, Agartala, India.